Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Inspired Office

A dear client recently asked me to install Loma in her office and requested some help picking a color. She works from home as a writer, so the comfort of her office is crucial. Having discussed colors with her in the past, she was interested in choosing a version of orange to support her creativity. She settled on Amber Grain, one of the "Natural Depths" American Clay colors. This was my first job installing Amber Grain, and I was immediately struck by the rich, deep umber as I spread it on the walls.

Having completed several other clay rooms in this home, the homeowner and I discussed ways of integrating leftover clay into a decorative wall in the office. We decided to blend three colors (Rio Grande Pecan, Acacia, and Amber Grain) on the main wall people will see when they enter the room. The result? A warm, inviting office with walls that beg to be touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment